A National Geographic Moment in Hawaii

Today I had an unforgettable national geographic moment in the quiet side of Oahu. We cruised around Kanaohe bay for a few hours and finally anchored over “turtle reef.” When I saw the turtles fearlessly bobbing up and down all around us, I couldn't resist and decided that I have to make a dive for it. And so, I braved the cold winter waters though i knew that I would start shivering even with my insulated suit on. I just felt that i could not let this moment pass.

As I was exploring and appreciating the reef and the colorful fishes, the cinematic experience was magnified with the presence of the turtles peacefully gliding all over. It was really an awesome sight that I wouldn't trade for anything. And as if nature was not contented with Her bragging, when I surfaced, I saw tunnels of light streaking through a tiny patch of the cloudy sky and it was magnificently striking the striped Koala Valley (where some of the grand valley and mountain scenes of Jurassic Park was shot). What more could I ask for???? It was such a perfect moment of nature bragging her beauty and awesomeness. In my mind, I was hearing the orchestra music of Jurassic Park's finale theme song. Tanana...tanana...tanana.nana...
...the reef, the fishes, the turtles, the ray of light, the valley, the music in my mind.... the blend in that point of time and space was soooo perfect.

No comments: