On Top of Mt. Untersburg (Salzburg)

A 20-minute bus ride away from the city brought me to the jumpoff site for Mt. Unstersberg. The scenery along the way reminded me of many scenes from "The Sound of Music." And I swear, I could almost hear Julie Andrews constantly heyelowing (Hedoley-hedoly heee hoooooo).
I had to wait for almost an hour before the next cable car came. I grabbed a sandwich and I can't resist trying out their so called finest beer - Stiegel. A friend advised me to always try out the different beers in Europe. So there I was having beer at 2pm in the afternoon while enjoying the cool and scenic place around the area.

The place was so peaceful and amazingly beautiful and relaxing. How I wish I could retire in a chalet like that... with a huge mountain backdrop and a cablecar line running over!




Finally, it was time to ascend. With the peak at 8, 850 meter high, this was the highest cable car link I've ever had in my life. It's a long shot compared to my first kinda-cable car ride which was in Fiesta Carnival in Cubao (nyahaha). And so up, up, and up I went.....


When I got to the top, I was greeted by a spectacular view. And to think that it was such a breeze getting there. Unlike the painful and long rough treks that I have to take in Sagada in order to bask in the beauty of nature from a high altitude.And to top it all, there was a cozy log cabin restaurant which was serving hot food,beer and ice cream! Weird combination huh, but that's what I had as I enjoyed the "here and now" of Unsterburg.
I went around the various trails and made small chats with fellow travellers. However, I spent most of my time up there simply meditating and absorbing the energy from a beautiful unfolding of nature....




 

No comments: